[one-users] sunstone auth problem

Robert Parrott parrott at seas.harvard.edu
Wed Apr 13 11:21:34 PDT 2011

I've added some debugging to the sunstone, and see the following behavior.

1) In the build-session method of the sunstone-server.rb, the username
and password are properly passwd into the server, and the SHA1 hash
calculated is what is expected.

2) In the SunstoneServer.authorize() method in the file
SunstoneServer.rb, the username and  sha1 hash are passed into the
method properly, but the query to the UserPool object,

   user_pass = user_pool["USER[NAME=\"#{user}\"]/PASSWORD"]

returns "nil."

Thus it is the communication with the oned where the problem lies.

3) In the oned.log file, I see that the method UserPoolInfo method is
executed as soon as there is a login attempt from sunstone:

==> /var/log/one/oned.log <==
Wed Apr 13 14:11:06 2011 [ReM][D]: UserPoolInfo method invoked

I've wiped the installation and reinstalled afresh, but with the same
error. The system is a CentOS 5.5 installation, ruby v1.8.5.

Thanks,
rob