[one-users] econe vm templates

Daniel Molina dmolina at opennebula.org
Tue Apr 12 14:12:31 PDT 2011

Hi,

There is no problem on the econe server side, you can define as many
types as you want and name them as you want, the server will handle
it. The problem is in the client side, for example the econe client
uses the amazon-ec2 gem where you can find the following code snippet:

raise ArgumentError, ":instance_type must specify a valid instance
type" unless optio
ns[:instance_type].nil? || ["t1.micro", "m1.small", "m1.large",
"m1.xlarge", "m2.xlarge", "c1.medium", "c1.xlarge", "m2.2xlarge",
"m2.4xlarge", "cc1.4xlarge"].include?(options[:instance_
type])

therefore you will have to use one of those names or modify the gem
source. I think that other client utilities have the same restriction.

Regards.