[one-users] root user creates checkpoint directory on cluster node instead of oneadmin

Pieter Simoens pieter.simoens at intec.ugent.be
Fri Apr 8 02:39:02 PDT 2011

Dear all

sorry for spamming the list, but I want to report the solution for my
issues as well, just to close this thread....

Apparently, I had misconfigured the
/etc/apparmor.d/abstractions/libvirt-qemu...
First, there was a typo in the line I had added.

Second, I had configured a specific VM_DIR, and you have to add an
additional exception to the apparmor.d file!
In my case, this was VM_DIR=/work/onimages, and I had to add an
additional line:
---> owner /srv/cloud/one/var/** rw,
--> owner /work/onimages/** rw,

Of course, restart the apparmor daemon again.

I do not know whether this is a generic "issue", maybe it should be
added to the documentation on the OpenNebula website? Now, there is only
a warning for the /srv/cloud/one/var directory...

Best regards,
Pieter