[one-users] VM creation stuck in "pending" state

Daniel Molina dmolina at opennebula.org
Tue Apr 5 04:56:19 PDT 2011

Hi Zeeshan,

On 4 April 2011 16:27, Zeeshan Ali Shah <zashah at pdc.kth.se> wrote:
> so 1 mean full cpus if it has 4 CPUs this mean VM want all CPUS i.e. 4 ?

It depends on the VCPU value (Number of virtual cpus). This value is
optional, the default hypervisor behavior is used, usually one virtual
CPU). This is the number of CPUs that the VM will think it has, the
number of CPUs that the guest OS will be able to manage.

Therefore the CPU is mostly used by the scheduler. The scheduler will
deploy 4 VMS in that host (TEMPLATE CPU=1, VCPU=1) or 2 VMS (TEMPLATE
CPU=2, VCPU=2)

On the other hand, would you mind to send us the last output of:
onehost list
onevm show <id_of _the_pending_machine>
and the sched.log

after fixing the problem with the required memory in the vm template.

Regards.

www.OpenNebula.org | dmolina at opennebula.org