[one-users] Ganglia reports

Craig Dawson Craig.Dawson at sas.com
Thu Apr 21 10:51:30 PDT 2011

I just installed OpenNebula 2.2 and I wanted to get Ganglia reporting set up.  I was able to get Ganglia running on each of my host machines.  The host are all reporting in and I'm able to see all of the graphs per host.  I'm running RHEL 6 on the hypervisor nodes and using KVM for my guests.  I attempted to set up the reporting for my guest machines as described here:  http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel2.2:ganglia

When I look at my Ganglia reports, I don't see any of the guests showing up.  I am running gmetric out of cron every minute.  I noticed after I set this up, there is now a OPENNEBULA_VMS_INFORMATION metric, but when I click on this, I only see the base64 encoded string for each host.  Is there some other process that is supposed to grab the information from Ganglia and generate the graphs?  I'm very new to OpenNebula and Ganglia, so any help in identifing where I should look next would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Craig Dawson