[one-users] Problem with OCCI client while creating storage image

Florin Antonescu florinantonescu at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 12:34:30 PDT 2011

Hello,

I have encountered a strange situation while trying to create a storage
image using OCCI interface from a Java client (Opennebula 2.2 on Ubuntu
10.10). The XML representation that I was trying to send is
<STORAGE>
<NAME>test-ttylinux</NAME>
<DESCRIPTION>Minimalist Linux distribution</DESCRIPTION>
 <TYPE>OS</TYPE>
<URL>file:///srv/cloud/one/one-templates/ttylinux.img</URL>
</STORAGE>
and the response received from OCCI server is: "Image path not present,
aborting." However, if I try to create the same storage image using
occi-image, everything works OK. Is there a constraint for the URL? What is
the proper way of creating OS images using OCCI interface?

Thank you,
Florian