[one-users] Not able to access running Ubuntu vm

Amit Soni get.amitsoni at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 08:40:18 PDT 2011

Hello,

I manually created a Ubuntu IMG by installing the Ubuntu 10.10 server
ISO using qemu command as follows:

qemu-img create -f qcow2 vdisk.img 10G
qemu-system-x86_64 -hda vdisk.img -cdrom /path/to/ubuntu-server.iso
-boot d  -m 384

Then I added the network contextualisation scripts as mentioned in the
first section of the article:
http://opennebula.org/documentation:archives:rel2.0:cong
But I did one change; I added the execution of the "vmcontext" script
in the "/etc/init.d/networking" script since adding the "vmcontext"
script in the runlevel 2 didn't helped.

Now when I start the installed Ubuntu IMG using the following command,
I get the desired IP in the machine. I am also able to SSH to the
machine:

qemu-system-x86_64 -hda ubuntu-server.img  -net
nic,macaddr=02:00:c0:a8:02:08 -net tap

However, when I use this IMG in the opennebula template file the
machine goes in the "runn" state but I am not able to access the
machine. My template file is as follows:

NAME   = ubuntu
CPU    = 1
MEMORY = 400

DISK   = [
  source   = "/srv/cloud/images/ubuntu/ubuntu-server.img",
  target   = "hda",
  readonly = "no" ]

NIC    = [ NETWORK = "VM_LAN" ]

FEATURES=[ acpi="no" ]

Moreover, when I start the standard ttylinux IMG in am easily able to
SSH to the machine.
Can anyone guide me to some standard documentation of how to create a
IMG for opennebula starting from an ISO.

Thanks & Regards,
Amit Soni