[one-users] OpenNebula 2.0 RC 1 : DB update ?

Damien Raude-Morvan drazzib at drazzib.com
Fri Sep 24 07:06:45 PDT 2010

Hi Ruben,

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 13:23:15 +0200, "Ruben S. Montero"
<rubensm at dacya.ucm.es> wrote:
> Today, the OpenNebula team has released a candidate (RC) of what
> is to become OpenNebula 2.0. This means that the team is now
> officially in bug fixing mode, and the repository has been set to
> feature freeze. Please also note that OpenNebula 2.0 RC 1 is targeted
> at testers and is not recommended for production environments.

First, congrats for this RC : I'm looking forward to see the final version
out !

As you might already know [1], I'm preparing an upload of ONE 2.0 Debian
packages for OpenNebula (and then Ubuntu ones).
Right now, I'm looking for the upgrade path from 1.2 or 1.4 releases to
2.0 :
- is there an automatic DB schema upgrade at first 2.0 release start ?
- is it possible to migrate from sqllite to mysql ?
- is there a way to downgrade the DB schema (ie. if we downgrade the
OpenNebula packages) ?

[1]
http://lists.opennebula.org/pipermail/users-opennebula.org/2010-September/002726.html

Damien - Debian Developper