[one-users] ESX and OpenNebula

Tino Vazquez tinova at fdi.ucm.es
Tue Sep 21 07:13:11 PDT 2010

Hi Jonathan,

I agree that the ESX drivers are not as polished as the KVM and XEN.
We are currently working on improving them.

Regarding your observation, the current ESX drivers should save a
snapshot, suspend the VM , and then on resume it should restore the
snapshot, thus letting the VM in the same state prior to the
suspension. Could you check the ESX logs to see if the snapshot
restoring is failing, or if the VM is rebooting after the snapshot
restoring?

Best regards,

-Tino

--
Constantino Vázquez Blanco | dsa-research.org/tinova
Virtualization Technology Engineer / Researcher