[one-users] OpenNebula and Xen: Prolog, error getting driver vmm_xen

Nelson Mimura Gonzalez nelsonspbr at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 07:29:31 PDT 2010

[Sorry if I just write too much... but if we solve this maybe it will help
future users, if they have the same problem]

Hm, strange, but suddenly the error disappeared. Now I got another one:

Thu Sep  9 11:08:56 2010 [DiM][I]: New VM state is ACTIVE.
Thu Sep  9 11:08:57 2010 [LCM][I]: New VM state is PROLOG.
Thu Sep  9 11:08:57 2010 [TM][E]: prolog, undefined source disk image in VM
template
Thu Sep  9 11:08:57 2010 [DiM][I]: New VM state is FAILED

My template is:

NAME = vm-test
DISK = [image="/etc/one/images/disk.img",dev="sda1",mode=w]
KERNEL = /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.19-4-server
RAMDISK = /boot/initrd.img-2.6.19-4-server
MEMORY = 512
CPU = 0.5

The disk image is located at the front-end in the directory /etc/one/images,
and this folder is shared with the node using NFS. The image also appears in
/etc/one/images at the node, so the sharing is fine. This image was
generated before, when I was using Xen locally at the node. Is that correct,
or I need a "different" image?

I'm going to check if the device (sda1) is correct.

Just to know, I found the page (actually some source code):

http://svn.opennebula.org/one/tags/REL-1.4/src/tm/TransferManager.cc

I think this is where these (and other) errors are identified and treated
(as this new "source disk" error is identified after the driver checking,
apparently the driver configuration is fine now). I swear I didn't change
anything, it really started working by itself.

Thanks again for the help!

Nelson