[one-users] How to bring back a failed VM?

Tres Wong-Godfrey tres at blas.phemo.us
Tue Sep 7 13:43:35 PDT 2010

On Sep 7, 2010, at 1:35 PM, Shi Jin wrote:

> Right. I actually commented out the delete action since some failure shouldn't cause a deletion.

Yeah, I actually did the same. I'm hoping to see a "PERSISTENT_VM" lifecycle or something that could be configured from the one conf file.

> I guess there is no way in 1.4 then.

A workaround is to build a new host, then rename disks from the old host. Get's things plugged back in.

> I hope in 2.0 this is handled more gracefully.

Me too. I completely understand the design -- a canonical cloud host is not supposed to be persistent. But it really confines OpenNebula to a very limited role.

Regards,
Tres