[one-users] OpenNebula-Monitoring the restarted VM with other sources

siva myknowinmail at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 01:55:20 PDT 2010

  Hi

Can you help me in solving the following problem where OpenNebula fails
to monitor a VM.Please take go through the below for the exact scenario

1) I create a open Image through Open Nebula (The Image has a  script
:"IN startup scripts" that changes the hostname and restarts the machine).
2) As soon as the image starts The startup script changes the Hostname
and then restarts the machine.
3) As the image  restarted from other source (apart from OpenNebula).
The image looses communication with OpenNebula.
4) And Open Nebula is not able to monitor that Image from that point
onwards.

Now my question is :

Hwo could I make open Nebula to monitor the "VM that is re-stared from
other sources/Manually".

Thanks,
Siva