[one-users] OpenNebula 2 RC: Why do image names have to be unique?

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartins at fdi.ucm.es
Wed Sep 29 03:36:28 PDT 2010

Hi Carsten,

Yes, it is necessary if you want to be able to use the image name's in the
template, like

DISK = [ IMAGE = "Ubuntu Lucic" ]

Otherwise, you are forcing the users to use images by their IMAGE_ID, which
is an internal ID that can change at any time, e.g., you define templates
for your IMAGE "Ubuntu" and a VM that uses "Ubuntu", but the VM template has
be modified if you delete and register again some time later that IMAGE)

Regards,
Carlos Martín, Cloud Technology Engineer/Researcher
DSA Research Group: web http://dsa-research.org and blog
http://blog.dsa-research.org
OpenNebula Open Source Toolkit for Cloud Computing:
http://www.OpenNebula.org