[one-users] example vm images , ttylinux img not work on xen

Javier Fontan jfontan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 12:08:15 PDT 2010

Hello,

We do not directly support hvm xen deployments, but we have in mind
adding the parameters needed for that in template files. It can be
accomplished using RAW template parameters, anyway. Take a look at
this mail:

http://lists.opennebula.org/pipermail/users-opennebula.org/2010-February/001474.html

Bye

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 3:05 PM, Zeeshan Ali Shah <zashah at pdc.kth.se> wrote:
> Hi i have xen as VM , i tried to use ttylinux from here
> http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel2.0:vmg
>
> but it gives VmError: (2, 'Invalid kernel', "elf_xen_note_check: ERROR: Not
> a Xen-ELF image: No ELF notes or '__xen_guest' section found.\n")
>
> any suggestion ?
> the template i used is
> NAME   = ttylinux
> CPU    = 0.1
> MEMORY = 64
> OS     = [
> kernel   = "/usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader"]
> DISK   = [
>  source   = "/srv/cloud/images/ttylinux.img",
>  target   = "sda",
>  readonly = "no" ]
> NIC    = [ NETWORK = "Small network" ]
> FEATURES=[ acpi="no" ]
> CONTEXT = [
>   hostname    = "$NAME",
> #     ip_public   = "130",
> #     files      = "/path/to/init.sh /path/to/id_dsa.pub",
> #    target      = "hdc",
>   root_pubkey = "id_rsa.pub"
> #    username    = "opennebula",
> #    user_pubkey = "id_dsa.pub"
> ]
>
> Also can someone host a sample VM image which i can use with Xen based
> backend ?
>
> Zeeshan

Javier Fontan, Grid & Virtualization Technology Engineer/Researcher