[one-users] Unknown state

Igor Rosenberg igor.rosenberg at atosresearch.eu
Wed Oct 27 07:50:30 PDT 2010

Humble opinion: shutdown-time is VM specific. I may have, running concurrently, an image of shutdown time ~ 10s (a tiny linux), and another with shutdown time ~ 5 minutes or more (fat J2EE container with remote DB dependencies).

The shutdown-time would typically be known by the person who created originally the VM image. So can this information be embed in the image itself? If not, the VM template would be another likely place. But having a maximum value for all possible images may create problems as VMs grow in embed service complexity.