[one-users] Creating a VM

Javier Fontan jfontan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 15:25:15 PDT 2010

Hello,

OpenNebula id is incremented with every object added, this works for
any object (vm, host, vnet..). The easiest way to get the id of a vm
just created is using -v parameter:

$ onevm create -v machine.one

This will return the id of the vm in case of success.

Bye

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 12:15 AM, Travis Hunter <huntet at rpi.edu> wrote:
>  Hello,
> I was wondering if there was a reliable way, upon creating a VM (using,
> let's say, "onevm create temp.one"), to retrieve the ID of the VM? How does
> open nebula assign VMs? It seems to be just an increasing integer? It would
> be helpful to know both how open nebula assigns these ID numbers as well as
> a good way to retrieve one. Thanks for any and all help!
> -Travis

Javier Fontan, Grid & Virtualization Technology Engineer/Researcher