[one-users] Request for more image attributes

Carsten.Friedrich at csiro.au Carsten.Friedrich at csiro.au
Tue Oct 5 15:38:42 PDT 2010

Hi Ruben,

Thanks for your reply, this will work fine for me here.

Thinking of a larger context, especially portability of images and hybrid clouds, I think it would be good to develop some guidelines / recommendations / de-facto standard for making an image and its template a self-contained unit that includes all information that is necessary to launch it on a hypervisor. There are obviously limits to that, especially context files which would be hard to include, but I think as lot can be done nevertheless.

I started along the lines of your first option and use the description field to store XML with my extended information. If there is interest I'd be happy to contribute / share the xsd for that.

Carsten