[one-users] "terminate called without an active exception"

Dan Yocum yocum at fnal.gov
Wed Oct 27 12:08:40 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I just installed v2 via rpm on our SLFv5.5 system which used to have a
Gfunctioning one installation until I removed everything.  Now when I
try to start it, I get the following error:

[oneadmin at fcl002 ~]$ one start
Stale .lock detected. Erasing it.
terminate called without an active exception
/usr/bin/one: line 76:  2294 Aborted                 $ONED -f 2>&1
Error executing /usr/bin/oned.

Running the script with the '-x' option give this:

[oneadmin at fcl002 ~]$ sh -x /usr/bin/one start
+ '[' -z '' ']'
+ ONE_PID=/var/run/one/oned.pid
+ ONE_SCHEDPID=/var/run/one/sched.pid
+ ONE_CONF=/etc/one/oned.conf
+ ONE_DB=/var/lib/one/one.db
+ ONE_LOG=/var/log/one/oned.log
+ ONED=/usr/bin/oned
+ ONE_SCHEDULER=/usr/bin/mm_sched
+ LOCK_FILE=/var/lock/one/one
+ '[' start = -b ']'
+ case "$1" in
+ setup
++ sed -n '/^[ \t]*PORT/s/^.*PORT\s*=\s*\([0-9]\+\)\s*.*$/\1/p'
/etc/one/oned.conf
+ PORT=2633
+ '[' 0 -ne 0 ']'
+ '[' -f /var/lock/one/one ']'
+ '[' -f /var/run/one/oned.pid ']'
++ cat /var/run/one/oned.pid
+ ONEPID=1619
+ ps 1619
+ '[' 1 -eq 0 ']'
+ '[' -f /var/run/one/sched.pid ']'
+ echo 'Stale .lock detected. Erasing it.'
Stale .lock detected. Erasing it.
+ rm /var/lock/one/one
+ start
+ '[' '!' -x /usr/bin/oned ']'
+ '[' '!' -x /usr/bin/mm_sched ']'
+ '[' '!' -f /var/lib/one/one.db ']'
+ '[' '!' -f /srv/cloud/one/.one/one_auth ']'
+ '[' -z /.one-auth ']'
+ '[' '' = true ']'
+ /usr/bin/oned -f
+ LASTRC=0
+ LASTPID=1658
+ '[' 0 -ne 0 ']'
+ echo 1658
+ sleep 1
terminate called without an active exception
/usr/bin/one: line 76:  1658 Aborted                 $ONED -f 2>&1
+ ps 1658
+ '[' 1 -ne 0 ']'
+ echo 'Error executing /usr/bin/oned.'
Error executing /usr/bin/oned.
+ exit 1

I checked the file permissions on everything and they're all owned by
oneadmin.oneadmin.

I also configured one to use mysql, created the database, granted all
permissions to the oneadmin user, and it successfully created the tables.

I've also tried to start it with the sqlite backend with no luck, either.

Help!

Thanks,
Dan

--