[one-users] Load balancing in hybrid cloud

Ruben S. Montero rubensm at dacya.ucm.es
Sun Nov 28 11:48:28 PST 2010

Hi,

Well, we are obtaining as much info as EC2 provides (e.g.
ec2-describe-instances). IMHO this is more a limitation  (challenge)
of the hybrid-cloud model, your load balancing techniques should be
robust enough to  deal with the limited information that the cloud
provider is going to publish, or even worst with difficult to predict
values (e.g. EC2 spot prices)

Regarding the "local" monitoring (e.g. Xen, Vmware, KVM) we obtain the
info from the hypervisors, there may be bugs (please let us know!) but
we think they are correctly monitored.

Cheers

Ruben