[one-users] Match-making scheduler question

Adrian Muresan adi_mur1 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 18 06:47:08 PST 2010

Hi,

I'm writing a survey on Clouds for research purposes. I have some questions related to the match-making scheduler that OpenNebula uses:

1. it's not clear for me if the placement policies can be configured per VM type or per VM instance, could you clarify this?

2. are the placement policies configurable per cloud client or for the whole cloud platform?

3. is it possible to configure the policies in such a way as to distribute a client's VMs across the physical hosts in such a way as to reduce the probability of platform failure as a result of hardware failure? Is this do-able without modifying the source code of OpenNebula?

Thanks very much,

Adrian Muresan