[one-users] sparse files as partitions in OpenNebula?

Steven Timm timm at fnal.gov
Thu Nov 11 11:00:24 PST 2010

I have a user who has a need for 250GB of disk storage (eventually)
that he would like to migrate around with his VM.  NFS isn't
suitable for this application.  This is an application which will
start with a file base and then gradually grow.  On Amazon this
could be a use case for EBS but ONE doesn't have anything like that
as far as I can tell.

My question, can I create an opennebula template that calls out
device "vdc" as a sparse file system eventually growable to 250 GB,
and migrate that and save that as necessary?  If so, how?
We are running opennebula 2.0 and using KVM as our hypervisor.

Steve Timm