[one-users] Opennebula on Gentoo

George L. Emigh george.emigh at dialecticnet.com
Wed Nov 10 11:42:00 PST 2010

I was changing a beta ebuild of opennebula to build and install opennebula 2.0
on a gentoo system (since Fedora 13 has not been usable with Opennebula), in
gentoo the ebuild has CFLAGS set as defined in the make.conf and that gets
applied to the compile of opennebula.

So in my instance, CFLAGS is set to "-march=native -O2 -pipe -mfpmath=sse"

and opennebula fails to build with:

gcc -o src/template/template_parser.o -c -march=native -O2 -pipe -mfpmath=sse
-rdynamic -g -Wall -Werror -DSQLITE_DB -DMYSQL_DB -DHAVE_ERRNO_AS_DEFINE=1 -
DUNIV_LINUX -Iinclude -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/mysql -
I/usr/include/libxml2 src/template/template_parser.c
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
template_parser.c: In function 'template_lex':
template_parser.l:89: error: ignoring return value of 'fwrite', declared with
attribute warn_unused_result
scons: *** [src/template/template_parser.o] Error 1

If I remove the -O2 it builds fine, and I will just do that and move forward
for now, but opennebula should probably not fail to build with -O2

Thank You
--
George L. Emigh