[one-users] ONE-2.0 CDATA in XML output

Shi Jin jinzishuai at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 16:30:49 PST 2010

Really? I am confused.
Can you run the following code and see if your output is the same as mine?
[cloudadmin at rhel6-one2 cgroups]$ cat test
#!/usr/bin/ruby
require 'rexml/document'
vmcdata=<<XML
<CPU>
   <![CDATA[2]]>
</CPU>
XML

doc=REXML::Document.new(vmcdata).root
puts doc
puts doc.text

vmold=<<XML
<CPU>
2
</CPU>
XML

docold=REXML::Document.new(vmold).root
puts docold
puts docold.text
[cloudadmin at rhel6-one2 cgroups]$ ./test
<CPU>
   <![CDATA[2]]>
</CPU>

<CPU>
2
</CPU>

2
[cloudadmin at rhel6-one2 cgroups]$ ruby --version

Thanks.

Shi

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 5:18 PM, hector <hector at convivencial.org> wrote:

> CDATA labels are ignored by REXML so you shouldn't worry about them.
> It's like they're not there.
>
> Im testing your example and it simply works. Perhaps you can give some
> more input on the problem? As I say, it shoudln't be CDATA related if
> working with REXML.
>
> Héctor
>

> El 01/12/10 01:07, Shi Jin escribió:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I used to have some ruby script to parse the output of "onevm show <vmid>
> -x". After switching from 1.4 to 2.0, they no longer work. I think the
> problem is that now the output of the XML has lots of CDATA in it. For
> example
> >     <CPU><![CDATA[2]]></CPU>
> > which used to be just
> >  <CPU><2></CPU>
> >
> > I am not a Ruby expert. Is there any easy way to parse the XML in Ruby to
> get the CDATA data? My code looks like
> > def getCPU
> >                 vm=`onevm show  #{VMID} -x`
> >                 doc=REXML::Document.new(vm).root
> >                 $cpu=doc.elements['/VM/TEMPLATE/CPU'].text.strip
> > end
> >
> > Thanks a lot.
> >
> > Shi
> >
> > --