[one-users] cloud and Virtual Infrastructure Monitoring Tools for Open Nebula

Javier Fontan jfontan at gmail.com
Mon May 31 03:55:31 PDT 2010

Hello,

Take a look at http://opennebula.org/documentation:faq

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 1:06 PM, Sayanta Mallick
<sayantamallick at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am PhD student at University Paris Est in Paris France.I doing my PhD in
> Computer Science in aspect of Cloud Computing Monitoring .I want to test the
> open nubula solution for my for research studies.I also wanted to know
> whether open nubula has a free and open source monitoring solution for

OpenNebula is Apache License.

> research.Can I build my plugin solution with this parameters for monitoring
> aspect in cloud or virtual infrastructure 1.performance  2.event and impact
> management 3.capacity management 4.application availability with open
> nubula.Is this parameters already exists with open nubula.Can groundworks /

Bundled scheduler takes capacity into account but scheduler modules is
completely pluggable and changeable. Even more than one scheduler can
coexist.

> nagios can also be used with opennebula VM Infrastructure management
> software.Is also able monitor Virtual Infrastructure such as KVM,XEN,VM
> WARE  three in together in private cloud  and hybrid cloud domain .

You can create a new monitoring plugin to get nagios information.
Current one does not get that information. You can have multiple set
of drivers configured to manage kvm, xen, vmware, ec2 and elastic
hosts at the same time.

>  I want to use open nubula for my PhD  studies .If want to use it for
> monitoring for Virtual and Cloud Computing Infrastructure.What could you
> suggest where I can do my research work for monitoring solution for open
> nubula platform.Do open nubula has already existing monitoring solution as
> plug in or software.

Monitoring in OpenNebula is only meant to know the state and capacity
of physical hosts and VMs. If you need more information you'd better
use more specific tools or create your own drivers to feed from those
tools data.

> What is the Infrastructure requirement of open nubula. Can I able to access
> existing public research cloud computing Infrastructure to test the open
> nubula , use for developing the code and for testing purpose.What are the
> things I have to build or require before testing or developing plugin for
> open nubula.

Check the FAQ and:

  * http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel1.4:intro
  * http://opennebula.org/documentation:documentation
  * http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel1.4:notes

--
Javier Fontan, Grid & Virtualization Technology Engineer/Researcher