[one-users] Accessing custom attributes from drivers

Székelyi Szabolcs szekelyi at niif.hu
Mon May 24 16:53:59 PDT 2010

Hi Tino,

On Friday 14 May 2010 19:59:21 Tino Vazquez wrote:
> I agree with you that this is a bit cumbersome.
>
> Could you please elaborate a bit more on why do you need to
> user-defined attributes in a TM script?

Our plans are that we store the VMs' images on an iSCSI storage, one iSCSI
target per VM. Since we don't want our VM images to be accessible from the
whole wide world, we plan to employ username/password based authentication
offered by the iSCSI protocol.

Different VMs will be owned by different organizations, and we plan to provide
direct access to the iSCSI targets in case a user wants to migrate data off
his disks for example.

In our case, the iSCSI username and password associated with a particular VM
would be examples of such attributes.

Cheers,
--
cc