[one-users] How to create windows vm with opennebula on KVM

GIANG NGUYENVAN mvnli_giang at yahoo.com
Tue May 25 01:27:02 PDT 2010

Hello.
I am confused about creating a windows xp VM to run on KVM host. What i do not know is how to create a windows xp .img file.
Here is the template, which I think I may use it if i have a valid .img file.

Name  = win
CPU = 0.5
MEMORY = 128
OS = [type=hvm, boot=hd]
DISK = [
    clone = yes,
    source = "/srv/cloud/win/winxp_sp2.img",
    target = hda,
    readonly = "no"]
NIC = [NETWORK = "Small network 2"]
FEATURES =[acpi="no"]

The problem is that, I have an Iso file of windows xp SP2, and a hard disk of that one, but I don't know how and what tool I can use to create an image that is compatible with OpenNebula and Kvm hypervisor.
Please help me solve this. Thanks you everyone very much.