[one-users] REQUIREMENTS attribute in VM definition file howto

Vladimir Kozhukalov kozhukalov at gmail.com
Thu May 20 07:16:49 PDT 2010

I have a problem with defining REQUIREMENTS attribute. Ihave one KVM node
and a VM template. I try to define in the template

REQUIREMENTS = "HOSTNAME = \"virtual1\"" & "HYPERVISOR = \"kvm\""

onevm create myvm.template works fine and my VM is correctly deployed and
startted on my node, but when I define my REQUIREMENTS attribute in the
following manner

REQUIREMENTS = "HOSTNAME = \"virtual1\"" & "HYPERVISOR != \"kvm\""

I am waiting that my KVM node is not matching this definition (HYPERVISOR !=
\"kvm\"), and absolutly surprising for me  that VM  was again successfully
deployed and started on my KVM node. When I try to know how my REQUIREMENTS
definition had been parsed  I see the following

oneadmin at cloud1:/srv/cloud/images$ onevm show 48
VIRTUAL MACHINE 48
INFORMATION
ID             : 48
NAME           : service4
STATE          : ACTIVE
LCM_STATE      : RUNNING
START TIME     : 05/20 17:48:15
END TIME       : -
DEPLOY ID:     : one-48

VIRTUAL MACHINE
TEMPLATE
CONTEXT=[
  FILES=/srv/cloud/images/machines/test_ssh/init.sh,
  GATEWAY=a.b.c.d,
  HOSTNAME=service4,
  IP=a.b.c.d,
  NETMASK=255.255.255.0,
  TARGET=hdc ]
CPU=0.5
DISK=[
  BUS=ide,
  READONLY=no,
  SOURCE=/srv/cloud/images/disks/debian-amd64.qcow2,
  TARGET=hda,
  TYPE=block ]
FEATURES=[
  ACPI=no,
  PAE=no ]
GRAPHICS=[
  LISTEN=127.0.0.1,
  PORT=5903,
  TYPE=vnc ]
HYPERVISOR="kvm""
MEMORY=512
NAME=service4
NIC=[
  BRIDGE=br288,
  IP=a.b.c.d,
  MAC=00:03:00:00:00:00,
  MODEL=rtl8139,
  NETWORK=vlan288,
  VNID=2 ]
OS=[
  BOOT=hd ]
REQUIREMENTS=HOSTNAME = "virtual1"
VMID=48
oneadmin at cloud1:/srv/cloud/images$

 oneadmin at cloud1:/srv/cloud/images/$ onehost show 0
HOST 0
INFORMATION
ID                    : 0
NAME                  : virtual1
STATE                 : MONITORED
IM_MAD                : im_kvm
VM_MAD                : vmm_kvm
TM_MAD                : tm_nfs

HOST
SHARES
MAX MEM               : 8196940
USED MEM (REAL)       : 7950416
USED MEM (ALLOCATED)  : 2097152
MAX CPU               : 400
USED CPU (REAL)       : 14
USED CPU (ALLOCATED)  : 200
RUNNING VMS           : 4

MONITORING
INFORMATION
ARCH=x86_64
CPUSPEED=2593
FREECPU=386.0
FREEMEMORY=7317328
HOSTNAME=virtual1
HYPERVISOR=kvm
MODELNAME=Dual-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2218
NETRX=0
NETTX=0
TOTALCPU=400
TOTALMEMORY=8196940