[one-users] network traffic monitor for KVM guests

Rogier Mars rogier at fortytwo.nl
Tue May 11 16:23:55 PDT 2010

Hi,

I just noticed this post and did some checking with libvirt. I am able
to get the interface that is used in a KVM vm via the dumpxml command,
and then get the network interface statistics via domifstat (see the
example below). I think this could be included in the one_vmm_kvm.rb
script. I'm not a ruby programmer, but I think this should be possible.

Cheers,

Rogier

virsh # dumpxml one-60
<domain type='kvm' id='11'>
   <name>one-60</name>
   <uuid>3e62f716-b9bc-4b3e-6af6-7121181a5487</uuid>
   <memory>524288</memory>
   <currentMemory>524288</currentMemory>
   <vcpu>2</vcpu>
   <os>
     <type arch='x86_64' machine='pc'>hvm</type>
     <boot dev='hd'/>
   </os>
   <features>
     <acpi/>
   </features>
   <clock offset='utc'/>
   <on_poweroff>destroy</on_poweroff>
   <on_reboot>restart</on_reboot>
   <on_crash>destroy</on_crash>
   <devices>
     <emulator>/usr/bin/kvm</emulator>
     <disk type='file' device='disk'>
       <source file='/srv/cloud/one/var/60/images/disk.0'/>
       <target dev='hda' bus='ide'/>
     </disk>
     <interface type='bridge'>
       <mac address='00:03:5d:bc:f9:64'/>