[one-users] VM Provisioning, opennebula and virt-install/kickstart

Jack Jill jacknjill111 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 17:00:32 PDT 2010

Mick,

<quote>
I am wanting to build a 'self serve' VM provisioning tool so my devs can
pick a client, have that clients environment deployed to a VM for
dev/testing/staging purposes and it be exactly the same as the clients
current production environment.
</quote>

When you say you want to replicate your client's production environment,
what exactly are you attempting to replicate? Is it the application software
such as Ruby, Tomcat, etc. Or even lower level specific stuff such as a
specific version of openSSH server, etc.

--
Thanks,
Rosh