[one-users] additional parameters in network templates

Ruben S. Montero rubensm at dacya.ucm.es
Mon Mar 1 08:45:45 PST 2010

Hi Williem,

This is a very nice to have feature. Right now, the only way to do
that is hard code the network data in the template :(

  CONTEXT = [
    target = "sdc",
    hostname = "$NAME",
    ip = "$NIC[IP]",
    netmask = "255.255.255.0",
    gateway = "10.198.6.240",
    ns = "10.198.6.240" ]

We think your proposal is very useful to contextualize a VM, and it is
very timely (this is related to the other variable substitution issues
in the template, like the port for the VNC)...

As this is not really related to the NIC but to the network our
proposal is to us a special name (NETWORK) so you may have

  CONTEXT = [
    target = "sdc",
    hostname = "$NAME",
    ip = "$NIC[IP]",
    netmask = "$NETWORK[NETMASK, NAME=\"private\"]",
    gateway = "$NETWORK[GATEWAY, NAME=\"private\"]",
    ns = "$NETWORK[NS, NAME=\"private\"]"
  ]

So you can put context information for multiple networks... Does it make sense?

Cheers

Ruben

PS: You can keep update it about this in
http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/197