[one-users] VM sticks in 'pend'

Tino Vazquez tinova at fdi.ucm.es
Fri Jun 18 04:06:08 PDT 2010

Hi Dan,

Another thing I just noticed in your email is that the free memory is
quite scarce. If the machine has more RAM than the one reported
(around 400 Mb), it is quite possible that the Dom0 is missconfigured.
This can also cause the Vms to be stuck in 'pend' state, since the
scheduler won't find any gap to place the VM (this depends also on how
many memory the VM is asking for, if you send us the VM template we
will look at its requirements and see if it fits in your
infrastructure). Take a look at [1] for hints on how to correctly set
up the Dom0.

Best regards,

-Tino

[1] http://lists.opennebula.org/htdig.cgi/users-opennebula.org/2009-May/000436.html
--
Constantino Vázquez, Grid & Virtualization Technology
Engineer/Researcher: http://www.dsa-research.org/tinova