[one-users] Can I use more hosts for just one VM?

Daniele Fetoni daniele.fetoni at hotmail.it
Mon Jun 14 01:41:19 PDT 2010

First, thanks for reply.

I'm interested in this issue because, in my research lab, we want to create a cloud using a lot of  computer with max 2GB and 2 cores, and then deploy several (not just one or few like in a grid) VMs who requires more resources (such as 8 GB-8cores).

So we're interested in Opennebula capabilities.
Then I have more questions.
Reading your reply, I suppose this could be impossible because of the hypervisors used by Opennebula (Kvm, Xen).
There is an hypervisor that could be useful for our purpose? For example, vmware can span multiple machines?

Opennebula has ever been tested for deploying and managing virtual machines in a grid?

Thanks again for kindness.

Daniele Fetoni