[one-users] How to ping/ssh to the VMs.

Jelle Herold jelle at defekt.nl
Tue Jun 8 06:14:12 PDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 02:59:38PM +0200, Javier Fontan wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 6:58 AM, GIANG NGUYENVAN <mvnli_giang at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Hi, I have already post this a month ago, but noone reply, and I
> > want to ask one? more about the network problem with VM.
> >
> > In details, I will mention about the scenario, I have two machine
> > The Front-end: Ubuntu 9.10, with OpenNebula Installed, IP:172.29.70.74/24
> > The Host:Ubuntu 9.10, with KVM hypervisor, IP: 172.29.70.133/24
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > When I successfully deployed the VMs, I can get the IP of the VM
> > through "onevm show 0 | grep IP" is "192.168.1.105" and
> > "172.29.70.215" But the problem is that I cannnot do anything to
> > those two IP address, like ping, or ssh. It seems the VNET does not
> > exist, I don't get that.
>
> Hello,
>
> Can you connect to the machine using vnc and check if everything is
> ok? Check that the network configuration is fine first, also the
> route. Maybe the problem is the mask and you have to specify it
> somehow (probably adding a parameter and modifying init.sh script)

I've had similar issues with the ttylinux image and found VNC usefull
for debugging. Add the following to ttylinux.one

 GRAPHICS = [
   type    = "vnc",
   listen  = "127.0.0.1",
   port    = "5904"
 ]

This gives you a VNC console on "screen 4".

Also see my other email to this list, the ttylinux image root fs needs a
check.

http://lists.opennebula.org/pipermail/users-opennebula.org/2010-June/002153.html

Regards,
Jelle