[one-users] KVM VMM

Thomas Quintana tquintana at inphonex.com
Sun Jun 27 12:53:45 PDT 2010

Hi,

    I'm writing a daemon to help with high availability which queries open
nebula through the RPC service for the state of each VM in the VM pool. If
the VM is in a state that is not desirable the daemon tries to choose the
right strategy for recovery. I am having an issue where when a host goes
offline (I hit the power button) open nebula still reports all the VM's in
the active state and running lcm state. Also, the host state goes from on to
err and back. In the log the remote SSH command is failing because the host
machine is not there (that is intentional). Maybe I'm mistaken but does it
make sense to disable the host and set the VMs to an Unknown state when
communication can no longer be established (Maybe after x retries) so the
proper action can be taken? In any case is there a way to achieve the
functionality that I desire? If so can anyone point me in the right
direction?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas Quintana