[one-users] VMs Stuck in Boot State

Michael Brown mbrown1413 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 08:37:52 PDT 2010

I'm having a problem with starting up a vm.  I'm using the OpenNebula Ubuntu
packages for both OpenNebula and the KVM hypervisor.  I'm trying to get the
ttylinux example working.  The vm gets stuck in the "boot" state.  Here is
what I've tried so far:

I've looked through the mailing list archives.  I found some similar
problems, but I couldn't find a solution.

I set ONE_MAD_DEBUG=1.  Everything looks normal in the logs though, no
errors.

I tried running the image manually with KVM on the host.  The image seems to
run fine.

I tried running "virsh list" on the hypervisor.  Nothing gets listed.  I
tried to look in the libvirt logs also, but the /var/log/libvirt/qemu/
directory was empty.

Thanks in advance,
   --Michael Brown