[one-users] VNC mouse pointer problem

Daniel Molina Aranda danmolin at fdi.ucm.es
Thu Jul 29 03:49:56 PDT 2010

Hi Luca,

Are you using Xen or KVM?

Would you mind to send us the deployment.0 file to check if all the options
are correct?

Regards

On 14 July 2010 17:34, Luca Lorenzini <lorenzini.luca at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi I've a problem when i connect to a vm using vnc: the keyboard works fine
> but the mouse is frozen in the middle of the log-in screen (The onHover tips
> on the users name appears, but i cant move the pointer or click). I tried
> adding both INPUT = [ type = "tablet", bus = "usb" ] and INPUT = [ type =
> "mouse", bus = "usb" ] but without success.
>
> Here, my VM template with a ubuntu-10.04-desktop-i386 working image. (It's
> a fresh installation)
>
> ------------------------------
> |    VM template      |
> ------------------------------
>
> NAME   = ubuntu-desk
> MEMORY = 1024
> CPU=1.0
>
> OS = [
> boot="hd",
> kernel="/vmlinuz",
> initrd="/initrd.img",
> root="sda1"
> ]
>
> DISK = [
>   source = "/home/luca/images/empty-desk4GB.img",
>   target   = "sda",
>   readonly = "no",
>   clone = "no"
> ]
>
> INPUT = [ type = "tablet", bus = "usb" ]
>
> GRAPHICS = [TYPE = "vnc", LISTEN = "localhost", PORT = 5911]
> NIC    = [ NETWORK = "private" ]
>
> FEATURES=[ acpi="no" ]

> If u need others config file to solve this problem, just ask.
>
> Thanks
>
> Luca

Daniel Molina, Cloud Technology Engineer/Researcher
DSA Research Group: web http://dsa-research.org and blog
http://blog.dsa-research.org
OpenNebula Open Source Toolkit for Cloud Computing:
http://www.OpenNebula.org