[one-users] missing cdrom device - no context!

Dan Yocum yocum at fnal.gov
Fri Jul 16 12:58:28 PDT 2010

Tino,

Sorry for the delay - we're doing a bunch of upgrades over the last
couple of days.  Here's the output you requested:

$ onevm show 21
VIRTUAL MACHINE 21 INFORMATION

ID             : 21
NAME           : fermicloud012
STATE          : ACTIVE
LCM_STATE      : RUNNING
START TIME     : 07/08 09:25:49
END TIME       : -
DEPLOY ID:     : one-21

VIRTUAL MACHINE TEMPLATE

CPU=0.2
DISK=[
   READONLY=no,
   SOURCE=/scratch/images/fclvm01.img,
   TARGET=vda ]
FEATURES=[
   ACPI=no ]
GRAPHICS=[
   LISTEN=127.0.0.1,
   PORT=5900,
   TYPE=vnc ]
MEMORY=1024
NAME=fermicloud012
NIC=[
   BRIDGE=br0,
   IP=131.225.154.145,
   MAC=54:52:83:e1:9a:91,
   NETWORK=Small network,
   VNID=0 ]
VMID=21

Did I send you the command that is being sent to the workernode from the
/var/log/libvirtd/qemu/one-21.log file?  I can't recall.  Here it is:

LC_ALL=C PATH=/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin /usr/bin/kvm -S -M rhel5.4.0
-m 1024 -smp 1 -name one-21 -uuid 3bab90ea-1dcf-9601-8819-7e0cbdc9eb46
-no-kvm-pit-reinjection -monitor pty -pidfile
/var/run/libvirt/qemu//one-21.pid -no-acpi -boot c -drive
file=/srv/cloud/one/var//21/images/disk.0,if=virtio,index=0,boot=on -net
nic,macaddr=54:52:83:e1:9a:91,vlan=0 -net
tap,fd=16,script=,vlan=0,ifname=vnet0 -serial none -parallel none -usb
-vnc 127.0.0.1:0
char device redirected to /dev/pts/0

I notice that there is nothing in the -drive options like
'if=ide,media=cdrom,index=2'.  Do you know why?

Thanks,
Dan