[one-users] ONE-1.6 econe-run-instances with --user-data option

Daniel Molina Aranda danmolin at fdi.ucm.es
Wed Jul 14 09:46:04 PDT 2010

Hi Ahmad,

If you want to access to the user-data information defined in the
econe-run-instance, you have to look at the iso that the OpenNebula CONTEXT
generates in the VM.

For more information about the use of CONTEXT:
http://www.opennebula.org/documentation:rel1.4:cong

Regards.

On 14 July 2010 14:21, Ahmad Hammad <ahmad.hammad at kit.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I installed the ONE 1.6 release. I created  EC2 VMs with
> econe-run-instances
> with some user-data. This works fine for me and I can see with:
> onevm show VM_ID
>
> the CONTEXT block.
>
> CONTEXT=[
>  EC2_USER_DATA=<base64 encoded string of teh user-data>,
>  TARGET=hdc
> ]
>
> Compared to Amazon Instances where user-data is normally checked with
>
> curl http://169.254.169.254/latest/user-data
>
> When I try the same in my ONE VM instance I get this error:
>
> ~$ curl http://my-econe-server:4567/latest/user-data
>
> <Response><Errors><Error><Code>AuthFailure</Code><Message>User not
> authorized</Message></Error></Errors><RequestID>0</RequestID></Response>
>
> So how can I get the user data from within my VM instance?
>
> Thank you for help.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Ahmad

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> M.Sc. Ahmad Hammad
>
> Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
> Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC)
> Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1, Gebäude 441, Raum 233
> D-76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen
> Tel: +49 7247 82-6301
> Fax: +49 7247 82-4972
> E-Mail: ahmad.hammad at kit.edu
> www.kit.edu
>
> KIT - Universität des Landes Baden-Württemberg und
> nationales Forschungszentrum in der Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft

Daniel Molina, Cloud Technology Engineer/Researcher
DSA Research Group: web http://dsa-research.org and blog
http://blog.dsa-research.org
OpenNebula Open Source Toolkit for Cloud Computing:
http://www.OpenNebula.org