[one-users] integrating cgroup into OpenNebula-KVM?

Shi Jin jinzishuai at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 10:28:22 PDT 2010

Thank you very much Gyula.
I am very interested in learning your solutions. So please post it.

Curious to know, what cgroups subsystems are you using.  I am only
considering cpu. Are you using anything else, like cpuset or memory?

A note on the CPU overcommiting: do you see a problem in overcommitting
single CPU VMs, i.e, multiple small size VMs (vCPU=1) sharing a physical
core? Your note seems to suggest the problem is only with SMP guests.
I think this is a very important feature. And without running multiple VMs
on a single core, I feel there is not much need for cgroups really.  The
current ONE seems good enough if we always set CPU=VCPU in the ONE template.
What I wanted to have is CPU=1 while vCPU=0.5 or even 0.25.

Thanks.
Shi

--
Shi Jin, Ph.D.