[one-users] Can't access to VM through ssh

Andrea Turli andrea.turli at eng.it
Tue Jul 6 07:29:37 PDT 2010

Hello Carlos,

thank you for your explanation.

On 07/05/2010 03:19 PM, Carlos Martín Sánchez wrote:
> Hello Andrea,
>
> 2010/7/2 Andrea Turli <andrea.turli at eng.it <mailto:andrea.turli at eng.it>>
>
>     this public IP is one of our subnet 62.101.90.192/27
>     <http://62.101.90.192/27> without DHCP.
>

>     some network parameters are not correct (like NETWORK; NETMASK and
>     BROADCAST). In fact, if I change them manually and restart the
>     network, everything works.
>     Is there any way to configure it in the "publi.net
>     <http://publi.net>" vnet file?
>
>     Thank you,
>     Andrea
>

> The default MAC - IP assignment schema assumes a 255.255.255.0
> netmask, and may not cover all situations. To learn more about this
> script, please visit [0] and [1].
>
> If you need more control, and want to customize the way your machines
> are contextualized, you can use the init.sh script and perform there
> the changes you haven been doing manually.
> You could add this parameters in the template at the CONTEXT section:
>
> CONTEXT = [
>     ETH0_NETMASK = "225.225.225.224",
> ]
>
> Please refer to [2] for a complete guide on how to use this
> contextualization feature.
I've customized the CONTEXT section in ttylinux.one like this:

CONTEXT = [
     netmask = "225.225.225.224",
     hostname    = "$NAME",
     files  =  "/srv/cloud/one/one-templates/init.sh",
     target      = "hdc",
]

which works perfectly but for the netmask parameter. Infact though I've
specified netmask = "225.225.225.224" on the VM I got:

# ifconfig
eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:03:3E:65:5A:C4
           Bcast:62.255.255.255  Mask:255.0.0.0

and it's not correct, obviously.

If I set manually inside "init.sh" the NETMASK value, everything works.

Thank you very much,
Andrea