[one-users] Newbie query about OpenNebula

Jaime Melis j.melis at fdi.ucm.es
Thu Jul 22 08:33:39 PDT 2010

Hello,

find comments in-line.

I have installed OpenNebula frontend with two nodes added to it using
> express scipt. I have created bridge br0 on the both the nodes. How can i
> add these bridges to frontend ? is there any required naming convention for
> bridge names ? I dont see this mentioned anywhere in the documentation.

There is no naming convention, although it is recommended to use the same
bridge name in all the nodes to be able to use the same virtual networks.

> I have chosen OpenNebula + NFS option while installation.  Ex:
> /var/share/one .
> What would be the possible directory structure required for storing
> images,templates etc
>
> In OpenNebula that's left up to the user, there is no particular
recommendation regarding that.

>  I would like to create windows images primarily, I would like to create
> templates of windows images ready to be deploy on demand.
>
> That should be quite easy, but as far as we know nobody has contextualized
Windows images for OpenNebula. Let us know if you have difficulties doing
that.

> What are the storages supported by opennebula ? How can Openfiler (ISCSI)
> be used with OpenNebula.
>
> Currently I am exploring ONEMC ? is there anyother Management Interface
> similar to it.

No

> If I already have vm's created in KVM earlier, is it possible to migrate
> them to opennebula.

Yes, OpenNebula uses KVM native images, no migration is needed (as long as
you use KVM hypervisor). Regarding the network configuration, if you have
configured the images with dhcp, just simply set up an external dhcp server
and it will work.

Regards,
Jaime