[one-users] missing cdrom device - no context!

Dan Yocum yocum at fnal.gov
Thu Jul 8 13:29:25 PDT 2010

Hi All,

I've finally got a VM booting on KVM and Scientific Linux Fermi v55
(RHEL binary compatible), but for some strange reason it doesn't want to
mount the hdc device to run the init.sh script to set up the context.

Trying to mount it manually, I get the classic "no medium found" error
and dmesg says:

hdc: drive_cmd: status=0x41 { DriveReady Error }
hdc: drive_cmd: error=0x04 { AbortedCommand }

I'm sure this is a simple problem but I just can't see what I'm doing wrong.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Dan

--