[one-users] Resume VM fails for VMWare Server 2.0 hypervisor

Manish Sapariya manish at gslab.com
Thu Jul 1 06:37:34 PDT 2010

Hi Tino,
I did some more trials to find out if ESXi does it allright.
And yes it able to resume the VM. I noticed following difference
in the VMWare events.

- On ESXi 4.0
    - Register the VM
    - Revert Snapshot
    - Poweron VM

- On VMWare Server
    - Register the VM

And then there are no events being shown. Also the VM shows
suspended state. However when I run the VM using the web console
it comes up alright.

Any ideas about the differences in ESXi and VMWare server for
this behavior?

Thanks and Regards,
Manish

Office Phone : 46711053