[one-users] Announcement: Release Plan & Version Numbering Changed
Ruben S. Montero
rubensm at dacya.ucm.es
Tue Jul 27 02:18:33 PDT 2010
The OpenNebula team is pleased to announce the upcoming release of
OpenNebula 2.0 beta 1 (1.9.80), with significant changes and new features in
many areas. Originally, this release was scheduled to be 1.6 but big
improvements and enhancements have taken placed during its development, as
well as important changes in the underlying libraries and technologies.
This new release will also break compatibility with OpenNebula 1.4 so that
we've decided to make a larger release cycle to make a smooth transition
period. We plan to release OpenNebula 2.0 according to the following
* OpenNebula 2.0 Beta 1 (1.9.80).
- Release date: July 28th.
- Initial release of new features and components
* OpenNebula 2.0 Beta 2 (1.9.85).
- Release date: August 31st.
- Stable API and DB schemas. one-2.0 branch enters feature freeze.
* OpenNebula 2.0 RC 1 (1.9.90).
- Release date: September 6th.
- Only bug fixes found in Beta2
* OpenNebula 2.0 Final (2.0.0).
- Release date: September 14th.
- Only important bug fixes found in RC1.
As the changes included in OpenNebula 2.0 are numerous, we are ready to
include additional RC's depending on the errors reported. During the release
cycle bug fixes will be made available in the one-2.0 branch.
The OpenNebula Team
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Users