[one-users] VMware VMs stay in boot state

Tino Vazquez tinova at fdi.ucm.es
Thu Jan 28 10:37:36 PST 2010

Hi Stefan,

Let's try executing the driver by hand. The VMM driver talks with
OpenNebula core using an ASCII protocol. So, if you execute the
driver:

$ONE_LOCATION/lib/mads/one_vmm_vmware

and hit enter, it should wait for input in the standard input, and you
will need to type:

---8<----
DEPLOY 0 fqdn var/77/images/deployment.0
--->8----

assuming that $ONE_LOCATION/var/77 exists (i.e. a previous attempt to
run a VM with OpenNebula ID 77 has been made, it didn't have to
suceed).

Then answer we are waiting for is a DEPLOY 0 SUCCESS, this is what the
OpenNebula core seems to be not getting.

Your use case is very interesting, we are happy to help. OpenNebula
doesn't feature a web GUIU per-se, but we offer a REST interface using
EC2 or OCCI, over which an AJAX application can be build.

Best regards,

-Tino

--
Constantino Vázquez, Grid & Virtualization Technology
Engineer/Researcher: http://www.dsa-research.org/tinova