[one-users] What does virtual network means?

Javier Fontan jfontan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 03:51:19 PST 2010

Hello,

VM Hypervisors (Xen or KVM) do not provide ways to protect bridged networks
from on VM to interact with others. To do this we have created scripts
described in the URL you have been following. Protection comes from the
ebtables rules that isolates class C networks. Can you check that both
virtual networks reside in different class C IP addresses and ebtables are
being added in the execution host? Send us ebtables rules being added and VM
configuration of the machines that can break this security rules.

Thank you

2010/1/12 张佳宝 <zhangjiabao at gmail.com>

> Hi,
>      I do not completely understand what a virtual network means.I think
> virtual network is used for security ,and VMs in the same virtual network
> can communicate with each other,VMs in different virtual network can not
> .But in my experiment ,VMs in different virtual network also can touch each
> other,I do not know is there any error in my system,is there anyone can help
> me?
>
> BTW,I am using Opennebula 1.4 and xen 3.02,and I config the virtual-network
> completely though the guide
> http://www.opennebula.org/doku.php?id=documentation:rel1.4:nm.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Best.
>
> Atlas

Javier Fontan, Grid & Virtualization Technology Engineer/Researcher