[one-users] Problem with ONE 1.4 and Xen 3.2 HEADS-UP

Nikola Milutinovic n.milutinovic at levi9.com
Mon Jan 4 09:53:31 PST 2010

On 4.1.2010 16:51, Ettore Enrico Delfino Ligorio wrote:
> Hi Nikola,
>
> My setup uses Debian lenny (xen 3.2-1) and OpenNebula 1.4 (commit 817
> from subversion). I solved this with limits to dom0 RAM memory.

Hi all.

I have managed to get to the bottom of mz problem with Xen.

Turns out, the HVM Loader /usr/lib64/xen-3.2-1/boot/hvmloader did not
have an execute flag set. The whole XenD was installed from package, so
I think this is a packaging error.

Anyway, Xen logs were most unhelpful, while ONE managed to produce a
meaningful error, with the correct template (if you have both
"bootloader" and "kernel" in "OS" section, the later will take
precedence and lead to non-HVM loading).

On the side note, it seams that our case is among the rare ones. Most of
examples I've seen are dealing with para-virtualized kernels, usually
the same OS image.

Nix.