[one-users] Error on submitting a Network Template

Daniel Morán Jiménez dmoran.tid at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 05:18:06 PST 2010

Hello,

I'm using OpenNebula 1.4, and I have found that a misspelling on the
network_address parameter in a template leads to a crash of the whole
application (either creating the new network with the onevnet command or
using an XMLRPC call). Deploying this template:

NAME            = "private"
TYPE            = RANGED
BRIDGE          = eth1
NEWORK_ADDRESS = 10.95.240.0
NETWORK_SIZE    = 2046

throws this error: "Error: end of file reached". Subsequent ONE commands or
XMLRPC connections throw the error: "Error: Connection refused -
connect(2)", so the server must be restarted. Once restarted, a onevnet list
command shows there is a vnet called "private", but every command issued
with its id throws an "Error getting Virtual Network with NID = 30" so it
can't be deleted. I have found a workaround to get rid of this network, by
creating another one with the same name and deleting it, but I don't have
any idea what is going internally, and this sollution doesn't seem to be a
good idea :) (is the network being overriden or is the old one lost in the
Limbo?).  Shouldn't the syntax be checked before processing the commands to
prevent further errors?

Best regards
Daniel Moran