[one-users] Installation help, please

Keith Hudgins keith at cloudscaling.com
Thu Jan 7 15:15:24 PST 2010

I'm setting up an opennebula cluster on Ubuntu 9.10 hosts. I've gotten the
software installed, but I'm having some issues getting oned to start. Here's
the details:

install location:
/srv/cloud/one

Installed via the tarball, used install.sh with /srv/cloud/one as the target
directory. User: oneadmin group: cloud

Everything is in place and permissions are all for this user and group. The
/srv/cloud/one/bin/one startup script was looking for a ONE_LOCATION
directory variable, so instead of exporting it to the environment, I added
it into the script as the first line after the shebang.

When I run the script, I get the following output:

oned location: /srv/cloud/one/bin/oned
Error: can not change to dir
Error executing /srv/cloud/one/bin/oned.

The first line is the only other modification I've made to the script, so I
can confirm that I'm in the right place and things are where they should be.
The second line is coming straight from oned, and the last from the startup
script upon reading the failed exit code of oned.

So, apparently, I've got some permissions wrong somewhere, or a directory
missing. Any ideas what's wrong?