[one-users] Using Xen phy devices in VM templates

Stefan Freitag stefan.freitag at udo.edu
Fri Feb 19 02:14:30 PST 2010

Hi Ruben,

thanks for the reply.
I added the block and clone information to the template and
tried to deploy an appliance.

>From what I see by browsing the log files, OpenNebula is now trying to
create a link from <OpenNebula Server>:/dev/cciss/c0d0p4 to
<TargetHost>:/vm/$VMID/images/disk.2.

== transfer prolog log snippet==
LN one:/dev/cciss/c0d0p4 udo-bl6107:/vm/72/images/disk.2
== transfer prolog log snippet==

== vm log snippet ==
Command execution fail: /opt/one/lib/tm_commands/ssh/tm_ln.sh
one:/dev/cciss/c0d0p4 udo-bl6107:/vm/72/images/disk.2
== vm log snippet ==

That's not ok for my use case :-(

The device /dev/cciss/c0d0p4 is not a shared one and therefore does not
exist at the server running OpenNebula. Each clusternode has its down
device /dev/cciss/c0d0p4 as this created as partition the the internal
blade server hard disk.

Is it possible to pass a type of disk to OpenNebula, that is just piped
through and added to the Xen configuration file? Like

DISK = [
   type ="local"
   source="/dev/cciss/c0d0p4",
   target   = "xvdc",
   readonly = "no" ]

resulting in the needed phy entry in the configuration file?

Kind regards
Stefan